A mirrored edge on a canvas print is when the image is extended to the very edge of the canvas, and then a mirror-like effect is applied to the outermost edge. This gives the illusion that the image continues beyond the edge of the canvas. It's a popular choice for canvas prints because it creates a clean, modern look.
You Might Also Like: Personalised Acrylic Prints Online
There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a mirrored edge for your canvas print. These include:
- There is no white border around the edge of the canvas: The image will be extended to the edge of the canvas, so make sure you're okay with how the image looks when cropped.
- The mirror-like effect can create a bit of glare: If you're planning on hanging your canvas print in a place with direct sunlight, the glare from the mirror-like effect can be a bit of a nuisance.
- The price is typically higher: Because it's a bit more difficult to create a mirrored edge, the price is usually a bit higher than for other types of canvas prints such as wrapped or gallery-wrapped.
- The orientation of the image. A landscape image will work best with a mirrored edge, creating a more seamless look. If you have a portrait image, you can still choose a mirrored edge, but keep in mind that the top and bottom of the image will be cropped off.
- The subject matter of the image. An image with a lot of negative space around the subject matter will work well with a mirrored edge. An image that is already very close to the edge of the frame might not look as good with a mirrored edge
You Might Also Like: Custom Bath Mats Online
What Are the Benefits of Having a Mirrored Edge On A Canvas Print?
There are a few benefits to having a mirrored edge on your canvas print. These include:
- It gives a holistic feel to the image on the wall: Mirrored edges tend to make the image look like it's floating on the wall, which can give it a more holistic feel. With the image appearing to go beyond the edge of the canvas, it can make the wall feel like an extension of the image.
- It creates a more polished modern look: Because there is no white border around the edge of the canvas, it gives the image a more polished and contemporary look. The clean, modern look is perfect for adding a touch of sophistication to any room.
- It makes small canvases appear larger: The mirror-like effect of the mirrored edge makes the canvas appear larger than it is. So if you're looking for a small canvas print to make a big impact, a mirrored edge might be the way to go.
- It's easy to clean: Because the image is extended to the edge of the canvas, there is no white border for dirt and dust to accumulate in. This makes it easy to clean and keep looking fresh.
How To Take Care of a Canvas Print With a Mirrored Edge
There are a few things to keep in mind when taking care of a canvas print with a mirrored edge to keep it looking its best for years to come. These include:
- Be careful when cleaning: When cleaning your canvas print, avoid scratching the mirrored edge. A soft, microfiber cloth is the best way to clean the canvas without damaging the edge.
- Avoid hanging in direct sunlight: The glare from the mirrored edge can be a bit of a nuisance in direct sunlight. If you're planning on hanging your canvas print in a place where there's direct sunlight, take this into account.
- Choose the right location: Mirrored edges are best suited for larger canvases. A small canvas print with a mirrored edge can look out of place in a large room. So if you're looking for a small canvas print, choose the right location for it, such as an end table or a nightstand.
With proper care, your canvas print with a mirrored edge will last for years. You will enjoy the benefits of having a mirrored edge on your canvas print and enjoy the sophisticated look it will add to your home.
Printing with a Mirrored Edge is a great way to make your images pop and really stand out. When done well, a mirrored edge canvas print can be a beautiful and eye-catching piece of art. If you're looking for a way to add a professional touch to your work, Mirrored Edges is a great option. Just keep these few things in mind to ensure that your print turns out exactly as you envision it.